On December 24, Mr. Wang from Hanzhong, Shaanxi, complained to the market supervision platform that he found rat legs in the frozen ham sausages he bought at Huasheng shopping mall for 35 yuan on December 22. Mr. Wang said that nine people in his family had eaten ham sausage, worried about the bacteria carried by mouse legs, which would affect their health. On the 25th, the local market supervision department reported that it had carried out on-site sampling and inspection of food on sale in supermarkets, and the results of sampling and inspection will be issued by the statutory testing institutions after the completion of the inspection. The circular also said that Mr. Wang made an oral claim of 300000 to 500000 yuan. Mr. Wang denied this. He said family members should have a health check-up and test the ham sausage they bought.
Reply to preliminary verification
At 17:40 on December 24, 2020, our institute received the complaint form of Hanzhong market supervision complaint reporting platform (No.: 216107020020201222402985581). Mr. Wang, the complainant, reported that he had spent 35 yuan to buy frozen ham sausage in Huasheng shopping plaza, West Ring Road, Hantai District on December 22. When he cooked it the next night, he found that there were mouse legs in the ham sausage and asked for investigation and handling.
After receiving the complaint, our law enforcement officers Yang Taohua, sun Weigang and Ji Yuhong went to Huasheng shopping plaza on the West Ring Road for on-site inspection at 9:30 on December 25
- The store holds the “food business license” issued by the market supervision and Administration Bureau of Hantai District, Hanzhong City, with the name of Xihuan Road store of Hantai Branch Company of Shaanxi Huasheng xingyong Trading Co., Ltd., license No.: jy16107020003402, address: southeast corner of the intersection of Laodong West Road and Xihuan Road, Hantai District, Hanzhong City, Shaanxi Province, valid from September 13, 2017 to May 30, 2021.
- Three kinds of food similar to the complained frozen ham sausage were found in the frozen food storage freezer of the store, which were Haixin Qinqin sausage, Haixin honghuahua sausage and Kedi flavor roast sausage (quick-frozen raw products).
- The law enforcement officers randomly selected three kinds of food similar to the complained frozen ham sausage from the top, middle and bottom of the frozen food storage freezer in the store: Haixin Qinqin sausage, Haixin Honghua sausage, Kedi flavor roast sausage (quick-frozen raw products), a total of about 1000 grams. The sensory properties of the frozen food storage freezer were checked on the spot, and no foreign body and peculiar smell were found in the naked eye, sensory and nose. (video evidence was taken during the whole process of law enforcement of random sampling on site and sensory character verification)
- After verification, Haixin honghuachang, Haixin qinqinqin and Kedi flavor roast sausage (quick-frozen raw products) on sale in the store are complete. The purchase date of the three kinds of food is December 17, and the supplier is Hanyu Trading Co., Ltd., which is located in group 1, wujizhuang village, Qili Town, Hantai District. The food business license number is jy16107020022030 (1-1).
Haixin honghuachang and Haixin qinqinchang production company is Haixin Food Co., Ltd., address: 1 building, 150 Jianxin North Road, Jianxin Town, Cangshan District, Fuzhou City, food production license No.: sc11135010400587. The manufacturers of Haixin Huahua sausage and Haixin Qinqin sausage both provided finished product inspection reports, and the results were determined as qualified (No.: dstx-pkbb-012).
Kedi flavor roast sausage (quick frozen raw products) production company: Zhucheng tianshengyuan Food Co., Ltd., address: West of houjiatun village, Yanggan Road, Zhigou Town, Zhucheng City, Weifang City, Shandong Province, food production license No.: sc11137078203779. Inspection report of Kedi flavor roast sausage (quick frozen raw products) conclusion: the sample is qualified by the inspection items, and it is approved to leave the factory (No.: la20011708-92).
- The staff of the food inspection and testing center of the market supervision and Administration Bureau of Hantai District conducted on-site sampling and inspection on the three kinds of food similar to the complained frozen ham sausage sold in the store, namely Haixin Qinqin sausage, Haixin honghuahua sausage and Kedi flavor roast sausage (quick-frozen raw products), and the sampling inspection results will be issued by the legal inspection agency after the completion of the inspection.
- With regard to the appeal of the complainants for testing the ham sausage with mouse legs, the integrity of the suspected problem food has been damaged in the process of cooking, processing and eating, so it is impossible to determine the nature and source of the foreign matter from the sensory characteristics, and there are no statutory testing conditions, so it is impossible to take samples for inspection.
- With regard to the oral claim of the complainants for compensation of 300000 to 500000 yuan from Huasheng shopping plaza, West Ring Road, Hantai District, our institute will conduct comprehensive judgment and mediation according to the on-site verification and the follow-up results of relevant food sampling tests.
Market supervision and Management Office of Hanzhong Road sub district office, Hantai District